Keeping loved ones up-to-date

Thursday, March 16, 2006

The 'John Frum' cargo cult

Eddie and I were best mates on DTS, we both felt God speaking to us about doing mission work on Tanna island, Vanuatu... just us! As time went on no-one else was feeling the same leading, Ed and I had a problem, there is no way we can go just us. The leaders said, 'hey, if its God then He'll make it happen'.
A few days before our deadline is up another team member started to feel God leading some where new, 'go to Tanna'. So we've got a team and permission to go for 8 days (we felt really right about the days in prayer). Athena, Eddie and I. We go, God let us be a part of something special.
I'll post up a composite of my journal entries from the trip, click here: www.the-fifth-hole-jf.blogspot.com

















This is interesting, a magazine article about the John Frum Cult written just 10 days after we were there... http://www.smithsonianmagazine.com/issues/2006/february/john.php