Keeping loved ones up-to-date

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Youth Centre

Last Sunday we had a huge launch to the new quater of the Youth Centre we run here. It was great, our house just flooded with people who wanted to sign up.
I teach an advanced English class and a Bible class, each for an hour a day. Both classes are quite large and teaching is something I enjoy a lot anyway. At the moment we teach 2 Bible classes, 2 English classes, 2 guitar classes, and classes in comunication, art, drama. A few hundred people come to study at our house every day!
On Sunday's we hold a big party where the students can bring there freinds along and we've got some big visions for making that time really great.
In everything we teach, our focus is to give people more than just skills... skills are good but they can't fix screwed up lives. I believe my English class is really good because I'm teaching skills that do help people. But I want to use what I know about God to teach it and try to give them something so much more inportant.