My mum is in Cambodia!
YES! My mother arrived in Cambodia on Friday night, 3 days ago. We met in Siem Reap and visited the incredible Angkor Wat. Wow! It's one of the 7 wonders of the world... the largest religious building in the world built around 1200. Hmm, I wasn't expecting to be so amazed but it was truly amazing. A huge ruined temple reminding us that no matter how much Cambodia struggles on the world stage today, in its time, this nation was a world power.
Anyway, even better, my mum! We arrived in Batdambang yesterday. Every Sunday we gold a big party so straight after arriving she met my students and friends. I'm loving showing Tiana (mum) this world I'm involved in. This morning we visited the monks in the pagoda and they showed us huge hospitality, they cooked us a meal and it was a good time. Tomorrow we will go to a big government orphanage and she we be able to see and be a part of what we do there. Also we will spend some time at the AIDS hospital in town where we run a permanent ministry. But best of all is the great help Tiana can give us English teachers because of her previous work in ESL. My mum is running a training seminar for us ESL teachers over the next few days. Its very, very welcomed.
I’ll keep you updated and throw some cool pictures online.
-stu
p.s. Talking to my mum makes me miss you Aussies... Nick
<< Home