Keeping loved ones up-to-date

Monday, July 30, 2007

The next few weeks

So the last few weeks and the next week weeks of my life involve more traveling than I've ever, ever experienced. I've spend uncountable hours on buses, boats, and dirt bikes going through Cambodia. But with exceedingly cool stuff happening. One major highlight was a visit from my dad!! It was really fun. He was only here for 5 days but we had a special time together hanging out, staying at air-conditioned hotels (a rarity for me) and eating Cambodian food... eating a lot of Cambodian food. It was such a nice things to have your dad be a part of all the stuff you get to do.

Now the the DTS school has finished these next weeks of my life are even more filled with traveling around the place. In fact tomorrow our whole staff in YWAM Camboida is heading to the beach! We are having our annual staff retreat. I'm so looking forward to spending this last time with a few staff who will be heading onward to do other things. Then afterwards I have a very elaborate adventure planned in Thailand where I will see my mum and Mark!!! They are going 5 star in Southern Thailand so I get to join in the luxurious ride!!!

YWAM is holding a special 10 Day training workshop focused on improving our DTS schools here in South-East Asia. It will be held in a Burmese refugee camp so that Burmese people can join too. So I plan to join with that workshop with all the other DTS staff here in Cambodia. There are some very fun and relaxing weeks ahead.

I'll be off to sail the high seas! Yeah, I'm going sailing with my mum and Mark Yes, sailing on a yacht! Haha, I have never done anything like that before and I'm WAY excited about it. It'll be on a nice yacht for about 1 week.

In September all the staff will return to Battambang and I will be part of a second level YWAM school called Phase 2. We will spend about half the time in the classroom learning and half the time running week long discipleship schools for young adults in churches around Cambodia.

Well, I feel like that was a bit of an information overload but hope it helps. Miss you friends and family; God bless all my wonderful supporters.